Established in 2011, inside out & associates australia has emerged from its founders’ extensive experience in the mental health sector, representing a valuable combination of:
- lived experience of mental distress and recovery and the intentional use of this experience to advocate, educate and transform
- family/carer experience and the intentional use of this to advocate, educate and transform
- systemic advocacy, community liaison and development, and service delivery across a range of settings
- education, consultation and research experience
inside out is a respected provider of mental health consultancy services with experience working with a range of providers including
- Recovery Colleges
- Partners in Recovery
- The National Mental Health Commission
- the Forensic Hospital NSW
- the Mental Health Review Tribunal
- public mental health services
inside out has worked with these (and other) organisations to assist them to support peer endeavours and promote approaches that are recovery-oriented. In essence, these approaches are based in consumer self-determination and self-management, connectedness and citizenship.
inside out’s approach to all of its work is one of co-creation – that all projects at every phase are co-designed, co-developed, co-facilitated, co-produced, and co-evaluated by consultants who bring a combination of the above perspectives, and with lived perspectives upheld as a crucial key to better understanding and responding to mental distress and its impacts.
This is in line with the most contemporary approaches in mental health around the world.
Contact us to obtain a quote or to talk about your training needs.