(Note that this training is online, and only open to lived experience workers in Victoria, Australia)
Overview & background
The Consumer Perspective Supervision (CPS) Training Delivery Project commenced in June 2020, with the roll out of the first CPS training in Victoria. This project followed on from the CPS Training Development Project, completed in 2019, which involved extensive consultations within Victoria to identify training needs for consumer perspective supervisors, supervisees, and managers/workers/interested others. A curriculum for Consumer Perspective Supervisors was developed, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a fully online version successfully developed and delivered.
The training aims to build discipline-specific Consumer Perspective Supervision capability and capacity in Victoria, to build capacity to provide CPS to the consumer/peer workforce. (CPS, because it is discipline specific, is not designed to be provided to the non-peer workforce, such as clinicians and non-peer managers).
The CPS course is written and facilitated by peer/consumer/lived experience leaders, supervisors and educators, most of whom are based in Victoria. In addition to the workshops, small group co-reflection sessions are a component of the course built in as a co-learning support for training participants, provided by people with extensive experience in mental health peer/consumer/lived/living experience work.
Expressions of Interest
The closing dates for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for upcoming CPS training are:
- CPS Round 3 2023 (Wednesdays from 23rd August to 6th December 2023) – Applications close 23rd July 2023
Applicants only need to submit one EOI for the whole period. EOIs will be assessed based on a number of criteria, including suitability and priority.
Submit your EOI
For more information or to submit your EOI:
- CPS 2023 Course Information
- CPS 2023 Course Calendar (August to December 2023)
- CPS 2023 Expression of Interest form (Word doc – best downloaded on a laptop or desktop)
- CPS 2023 Expression of Interest form (PDF)
- CPS 2023 Writing, updating and or improving a CPS EOI application
If you would like further information please contact Sandy Watson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Perspective Supervision Resources
We have included a range of Consumer Perspective Supervision (CPS) resources. CPS is a new and emerging discipline, and there is a growing need for more resources in this field to add to the foundational Consumer Perspective Supervision Framework (2018). We have included, with permission, a varied sample of CPS student course work. Please respect their copyright and feel free to contact them if you would like to. We can put you in touch if their details are not included.
- CPS Framework (Victoria)
- CPS Summary of Resources
- CPS Discussion Paper – Lyon & Matthews
- CPS Ecosystem Poster – Kathy McCormick
- CPS Explained to Clinicians – Donna Matthews
- CPS Reflective Piece – Olivia Hatchman
- CPS Podcast – Anthony Hellier
- CPS Screen Play – Supervision: Supervised – Erin Hill
- CPS Plain Language Explainer – Ash Hem (Word version available for adaptation – best downloaded on a laptop/desktop)
- CPS & the Discipline of Consumer Perspective
- CPS: What Services Need to Know Webinar
For Carer/Family Lived and Living Experience Workers in Victoria.
inside out & associates often receives inquiries from Carer/Family Lived & Living Experience workers about supervision training, so we have included the Carer Perspective Supervision Framework, (2020), for your information, since we can’t provide supervision training to this group. We recommend you contact Tandem about Carer Perspective Supervision training opportunities.
For anyone seeking a consumer or carer supervisor.
If you are looking for a consumer or carer supervisor, please go to the Consumer and Family Carer Perspective Supervision Database, which has a listing of available supervisors, with information about their experience and fees. This database is hosted by the Centre for Mental Health Learning.